Drew of West Penwith and Beyond

A meeting place for researchers of the Drew family of West Penwith and Redruth areas, and their associated families. If you have come across this site during searches for Drew family history, and you feel you might be connected, please contact one of the members to have your name added to the members list.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Our First Steps

Good to see the acceptances of my invitation to this little experiment. I know that at least two invitees are currently offline, having holidays, so it might be a while before they turn up.

Could someone please try making a post, rather than just adding a comment - I'm not too sure how the system works.

I had promised Thelma that I was going to post a scanned image of notes on the deaths Jennifer (Tallack) Drew and Uncle Richard Tallack from Edward George Drew's "Register", but the CD that Chris sent me seems to be having 'issues' and , like a dill, I hadn't made a copy as soon as it arrived. I still have Chris's handwritten trancript (well, it is with Uncle Ollie right now), but the actual image would have been better. I will try some things tonight on the big computer at home to try to retrieve the information.

Ann, I would dearly like to see where some of those old, dead Drews lived in Mousehole and thereabouts if you could manage it. I have looked at the Frith Collection photos (see Links on the sidebar) of Mousehole, Paul, and Newlyn and find them fascinating and sometimes sit and look at the screen and wonder which house held an ancestor.

Anyhow, I am supposed to be working. Later, cousins (and "cousins in law" when Michael shows up).

1 Comments:

  • At 8:47 pm, Blogger Geoff_D said…

    Seems that the CD that Chris sent me has died a mysterious death. Cannot retreve anything from it. Looks as if I'll have to beg Chris for another copy, or at least the images of the first few pages.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home