Drew of West Penwith and Beyond

A meeting place for researchers of the Drew family of West Penwith and Redruth areas, and their associated families. If you have come across this site during searches for Drew family history, and you feel you might be connected, please contact one of the members to have your name added to the members list.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

More about Robert Lawry

From Mary, who is experiencing problems making new posts. If anyone else is having the same problem, let me know and I will try to find out what is going on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried to follow your instructions and add a post. I got to the dashboard saw the blog name there. I clicked on the green+ and added a comment. However when I went to publish it an error message came up about something being wrong with my template, so unfortunately my message has not appeared on the blog. I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Anyway, I will insert below what I wrote on that message:

Thanks Geoff for posting my query on Robert Drew or Lawry. I should have added that on 4 January 1782 at Madron Church (when Robert was nearly 10) Robert's mother Alice Lawry (baptised at Penzance on 12 November 1753) married Charles Runnals/Reynolds (baptised at Penzance on 8 May 1757) and Alice had at least 6 more children by that marriage. Alice was buried at St. Mary's Church, Penzance aged 77 on 11 February 1828 and Charles was buried at the same church aged 74 on 27 May 1829. It is interesting to note that Robert Drew or Lawry clearly named his second son (my great-great-great-grandfather) William Reynolds Drew - in honour of his step-father Charles Reynolds. I have been unable to find a burial record for Robert's natural father Robert Drew Senior at Penzance, though there is a record for an Ann Drew (Robert Drew Senior's wife?) being buried aged 90 at St. Mary's Church, Penzance on 19 Jan 1819. If this is indeed Robert Drew Senior's wife and the age is accurate, she would have been about 10 years older than him. But as we know, records of peoples' ages in the early years of the 19th century were often mere guess work!

I am sorry for not being able to get the hang of posting messages on the blog.
Bye for now,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home