Drew of West Penwith and Beyond

A meeting place for researchers of the Drew family of West Penwith and Redruth areas, and their associated families. If you have come across this site during searches for Drew family history, and you feel you might be connected, please contact one of the members to have your name added to the members list.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Update on the Robert Drew Descendants Compilation

Well, I thought I had it just about up to date, but then these things never are! Mary sent me some interesting info which really needs to be inserted, and some certificates I requested from the GRO/ONS should be arriving soon to tell me who the hitherto 'parentless' grandchildren of Edward George DREW Jr. actually belong to.

So, maybe as a Christmas present?

Next morning:
I've had a GenesReunited contact from a HOYTE descendant. He has quite a bit of info, so I've asked him to drop in here for a look and to make contact. I'll 'pinch' a bit of his GR tree to fill out some HOYTE gaps.

And in the mail today, the birth certificate for Hester Ann Drew, of Mylor Bridge. No father named! Mary Elizabeth Drew, domestic servant, made a Whoops.

Next morning again: Gary has made contact, and an invitation to join has been issued. You will also notice a new link, to the new Cornwall OPC Parish Register Database. This is an elegant resource, and I have found it to be very fast and friendly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home