Drew of West Penwith and Beyond

A meeting place for researchers of the Drew family of West Penwith and Redruth areas, and their associated families. If you have come across this site during searches for Drew family history, and you feel you might be connected, please contact one of the members to have your name added to the members list.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Old Mousehole

From an original painting by Kevin Platt
I feel I have to share this story with everyone. The image above is from a card that Chris sent me for my upcoming 60th. She bought it in Cornwall many years ago, she says, before she knew of any connection between herself and Mousehole. How very sweet of her to pass it on to me.

I have looked at the photographs, as old as 1893, of Mousehole on the Frith Collection website, and Mr Platt has certainly caught the 'feel' of the place.

http://www.kpds.co.uk/gallery.htm
for more of Kevin Platt's Cornish scenes.
http://www.francisfrith.com/search/england/cornwall/mousehole/photos/mousehole_photos.htm
Frith Collection Photos of Mousehole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home