Drew of West Penwith and Beyond

A meeting place for researchers of the Drew family of West Penwith and Redruth areas, and their associated families. If you have come across this site during searches for Drew family history, and you feel you might be connected, please contact one of the members to have your name added to the members list.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Health Update

I have been out of hospital since Monday, just a day short of 3 weeks after being admitted. The BEAM treatment went better than expected, with respect to severity of side effects, and the stem cell transplant was a raging success. Now, all I need is about 6-8 months of recovering from the treatment (and the disease which preceded it). I tire easily, but each day is just a little better than the one before.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:08 am, Blogger Mary said…

    I am so sorry to learn that you have been so ill, Geoff, and I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

    All the very best,

    Best wishes,

    Mary

     
  • At 3:15 pm, Blogger Geoff_D said…

    Thanks, Mary. I'm on the mend well and truly now, but still weak. The original disease seems to be gone, and my new bone marrow is working excellently.

     
  • At 3:22 pm, Blogger Geoff_D said…

    I have also been busy on a small (or so I thought) project for our Sandgate Historical Society; a quick (ha ha) history of one of our local identities. Three wives, 20 children, multitudes of subsequent generations later, and it's not yet complete. In the process, I have found a "lost" painting (an important one, too, the first Archibald Prize won by a woman) and reunited the families of two sisters orphaned and separated at a very young age. The story has reached 72 A4 pages, so far, and I have more to put in.

    Check it out at http://captainwilliamtownsend.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home