Drew of West Penwith and Beyond

A meeting place for researchers of the Drew family of West Penwith and Redruth areas, and their associated families. If you have come across this site during searches for Drew family history, and you feel you might be connected, please contact one of the members to have your name added to the members list.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Pre-Holiday Ramblings

1) I have received a message from Peter Nicholls, who found my contact details on the Ballarat Genealogy page.
I quote:
"My father William Bona Nicholls was born in Bendigo in 1904, His father was Henry , and I know he was from second marriage. I was told that his family originated in Cornwall , my father also had six or seven brothers and sisters. Henry Nicholls worked on the Gold mines."
I have suggested that he visit Mary's web page for a look at Nicholls names, and said that we will keep a sharp eye out for William Bona.

2) Welcome to Janet, who has recently accepted an invitation to join the Blog. She is my 3rd cousin and, with Chris and Graham and that bunch of ex-Southampton cousins, the closest Drew relative I have outside Australia.

3) I am preparing the latest version of Descendants of Robert Drew, and will be ready to send it out soon. I have found a few little lines to add in, the latest being some descendants of Matilda DREW and Francis Thomas ANGWIN (m. 12 November 1838, Madron). This descendant line introduces the rather risque surname of FRIGGENS into the tree, as a 'spouse of'. Also among this lot is an apparent move of Angwins to Pennsylvania and New York.

Would you believe it? I've just received an e-mail from a person here in Brisbane whose wife has the FRIGGENS in her tree, and he looks as if he has more info on the branch that descended from William NEWTON and Frances DREW (Kathryn, take note when you return from your Cornish sojourn). I will make a post about this new info once I have had time to peruse the links he gave. I am inviting them to join as a member.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home