Drew of West Penwith and Beyond

A meeting place for researchers of the Drew family of West Penwith and Redruth areas, and their associated families. If you have come across this site during searches for Drew family history, and you feel you might be connected, please contact one of the members to have your name added to the members list.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

William Stanley Drew (1862 - 1940)

I thought all you fellow Drew researchers might be interested in this article as it features one of our relatives William Stanley Drew, son of William Drew & Ellen Pezzack, behaving quite heroically. I came across it in a recent edition of the Cornishman - my parents still send me a copy to keep me in touch with the motherland.




2 Comments:

  • At 9:21 am, Blogger Geoff_D said…

    Thanks for that, Jayne.

     
  • At 6:14 pm, Blogger Mary said…

    Hello Jayne,

    Many thanks for posting this article about the Baltic rescue. William Stanley Drew was my maternal great-grandfather and I posted an article about this very same rescue with a photo of his medal on the blog on 12 November 2006.

    Regards,

    Mary Chown

     

Post a Comment

<< Home