Drew of West Penwith and Beyond

A meeting place for researchers of the Drew family of West Penwith and Redruth areas, and their associated families. If you have come across this site during searches for Drew family history, and you feel you might be connected, please contact one of the members to have your name added to the members list.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Mylor Drew branch begins to grow

It has been with some sadness that I haven't been able to make contact, so far, with a descendant of great-great-grandfather Edward George Drew's base son, Edward George Jr. Well, that has all changed as of this morning. In my Inbox, from Andrew:
What a wonderful tool Google is.
I am currently researching my family tree as a descendant of Edward George Drew and found your thread Drew family at British Genealogy through Google.
It would appear that my g-g Grandfather is Edward George Drew III (on your tree) born in Mylor 1862. I believe he ended his days in Torquay in Devon, as a gardener at one of the houses.
I had traced him as far back as John Reid in one straight line but with none of the background information that is obviously included in your thread, which my family have found very interesting. I do not have any information on brothers, cousins etc.
We did know that my Great Grandmother (who I believe died in the early 1950,s) used to write to someone is Australia but not who. I also know that my Great Uncle left for Australia in the early 1950's to return to England in the 1980's, but I do not know if this was connected to the family.
I would be really greatful to receive any information that you have on the family tree, ancestors and descendants.
Look forward to hearing from you."

Googling for "Edward George Drew" was how Chris found me, and now Andrew has repeated the trick. I have sent him a copy of the BIG .pdf file to keep him occupied, and will invite him to join our little Blog community. It's funny, but only yesterday we had a bit of a family get-together and I was telling my cousin and uncle about this particular branch of the DREW mob which contains our closest DREW relatives apart from Chris and her siblings and cousins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home